HOSHINOKO YAKATA("Himeji Municipal Accommodation and Facilities Center" or "Children's seminar House") was founded in 1992 to help children come in contact with nature. The building was designed by the famous architect Mr. Tadao Ando.
- Facilities for children (Library, Recreation Room, etc.)
- Astronomical observatory (A 90cm reflecting telescope used for educational and research programs.)
- 14 Guest rooms
- The restaurant
- Facilities for children; 9:00-17:00
- Star gazing program; 19:00-21:00
- Restaurant; 11:30-15:00(L.O. 14:30)
- 2nd Wednesday on the month (Except Aug. & Dec.)
- Dec. 28 - Jan. 4
You can look around the institution at no cost.
More information about access of Himeji city :Official Tourist site
From International Airport to Himeji Station
From Tokyo Narita airport(NRT) to Himeji station.
-> Tokyo Station (Train or Airport's Bus: 2hours) -> Himeji Station ("Shinkansen" : 4hours)
From Kansai International airport(KIX) to Himeji station.
(1)-> Osaka station (Train : 1hour) -> Himeji Station (Train or "Shinkansen" : 1hour)
(2)-> Himeji Station (Airport's Bus : 2hours)
From Himeji station to "HOSHINOKO YAKATA"
By Bus(There are only 5 bus a day , please be careful)- Take the bus bound for "No.37 Ohichi".
- Get off at "Hoshinoko Yakata Mae" stop. (20 min from Himeji station, The fare is 280yen)
The fare is about 3000yen
There is the free bicycle rental service at Himeji station. From Himeji station to here is about 8km(30min).